Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Girl Scout Leader's Weekend

For the first time in I can't remember how long, I got away for the weekend all by myself.  That's right.  You heard me.  All by myself.  It was wonderful.  It was a forest full of grown up girls.  I went with a very good friend and we had a blast.  We did a tree identification class, an outdoor fun class, a Girl Scout traditions class, then I took a super fun photography class.  I know you want to see my pictures, right?  Just say you do and humor me.



Well that's enough of me trying to be artistic.

This was our sleeping accommodations:

We wanted to bring tents and really rough it, but they didn't allow it.  I'm kind of glad though, because it was really nice having a little bunk and not having to sleep on the ground.  My bones aren't young like they used to be.

After dark, the fun really started when we went on a night time zip line through the forest and then "Nauga Hunting" on a haunted night hike down to Jake's cabin.  Jake's House is an original structure on the property and is over one hundred years old.  Around the campfire, we were told stories about how Jake still haunts the campgrounds. 

Here is my friend Heather in front of Jake's house the next day.
She is convinced that I caught some ghost orbs in this shot of the inside of the house.  I still think it was the dirty window.

The campgrounds were beautiful and so peaceful.

Having a girl's weekend was just what I needed.  I can't wait to go back there with my little Daisy scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment