Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer's Simple Pleasures Series- Fishing and Having the Funnest Daddy in the Whole World!

I love this series! We had the most amazing 4th of July weekend.  We started off with a local small town parade, festival, and fireworks display on Saturday.  The highlight of my son's day was throwing a softball at the dunking tank and dunking the local high school baseball coach so many times I lost count.   I am ashamed to say I forgot my camera. 

As much fun as that day was, the next was even better!  We drove to the nearest lake and tried to catch some fish. 





The kids pulled in fish after fish...



after fish.




Dad caught one little bass.   I caught absolutely nothing.  Seriously, if we had to rely on our fishing skills for food, we'd be really hungry.

But we had fun and that's all that matters!

 
We got hot out there and luckily everyone brought a swimsuit because there was a beach there!  We had never been here and didn't know what to expect.  It was an adventure.

So we decided to drive over to the beach to cool off.


I've never seen my two kids have so much fun together and get along so well (for the whole day).  It was amazing to watch them play together with such joy on their faces.



Getting a ride on your big brother's shoulders has to be the best thing ever!



It was a perfect day for ...


covering yourself in sand....




then showing everybody your sand covered muscles...


then running full speed back into the water...


Then Daddy decided to join in the fun.



and let them jump off his shoulders...



again...





and again...



and again...



They played for hours!





I'm not sure who had more fun...





I love that Dad is so much fun.  What could be a better memory than jumping off your daddy's shoulders at the lake for hours?



and hanging on to him for dear life when you can't touch?


It was a beautiful day...


in so many ways...


It will be a day we will remember forever...


"So, kids, how much fun did you have today?"


"THIS MUCH!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that was the best post EVER! Seriously those photos in the water jumping off dad will have me giggling all day!

    Yes is truly is the simple thinks like just time together that we will remember forever...thanks so much for sharing your day with us! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So cute. I'd like to invite you to join my Summer Family Fun Tuesdays link up at MommyTopics.com

    http://www.mommytopics.com/summer-family-fun-tuesdays/summer-family-fun-tuesdays-4th-of-july

    Blessings
    Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

    ReplyDelete